I can record information about my classmate’s service learning projects.
I can find credible online resources to use for notes for my magazine research project.
Today, six fifth grade students presented their service learning projects and did a fabulous job. It is incredible to learn about all the ways fifth graders are making a difference in the world. Abby created bookmarks for her class in block one, which is pictured above.
Today our students presented about:
- Shawn and Samir made blankets for animals living in animals shelters, and told us all about the process as well as why the blankets are beneficial for the animals.
- Izzy Baked dog and cat treats and sold them in various locations to raise money for the Humane Society. Her treats were sold in over three states!
- Cal created dog toys for people who donated to the Humane Society.
- Abby volunteered with Loaves and Fishes MN and created bookmarks (you can see them above) for students to inspire them to volunteer as well.
- Hailey volunteered with Feed My Starving Children, and she told us about her inspiration and what she enjoyed about her service.
Students also had time in class today to find credible online resources for their magazine project. They were working on answering the questions on the outline for their main article. Students are responsible for writing notes, but the article will be written in class.
Three book sources and one (minimum) online source is due on April 14th, the Friday after we get back from spring break.
I hope that all of you have a relaxing and safe break! Thanks for leaving us on such a great note with your incredible service learning projects, and wonderful active listening from our audience members.